The global market for coffee was valued at $102 billion in 2020 and will reach $155 billion in 2026. Even though coffee is a widely available product with lots of competition, there’s still plenty of room to niche down, be creative, and attract new potential customers.
Coffee dropshipping is an exciting opportunity to expand your business into new categories and product ranges, but finding premium coffee suppliers that dropship is challenging. It’s easy enough to find large coffee roasters with wholesale programs or private label coffee dropshipping, but these undifferentiated offerings are less likely to inspire customers to return, subscribe, and recommend the beans you sell.
There’s good news though. Independent coffee roasters that can offer something original to your customers now have easier access to spinning up dropshipping programs. It’s also easier to find independent coffee roasters to partner with. At Canal, we have a curated network of premium coffee suppliers and automate product syncing, commission payouts, and dropshipping logistics between you and them.
In this article, we feature some of the top independent suppliers with a coffee dropshipping business.
“At Black & White Coffee in Wake Forest, North Carolina, we believe coffee should be simple. We are roasting exciting new single-origin coffees and beautiful complex blends.” Lem Butler of Black and White Coffee Roasters, a coffee supplier on Canal
Who should dropship premium coffee?
Independent roasters with coffee dropshipping businesses handle all the workload of sourcing coffee so you can focus on growth, marketing, and building relationships with your customers. If you fall into one of the following categories, you can benefit from dropshipping coffee.
Coffee equipment brands
Brands that sell coffee equipment and other related products can benefit from dropshipping coffee. They can build an audience of coffee lovers by recommending and selling coffee to them. For example, Fellow partners with coffee suppliers like Coava through Canal to create a coffee marketplace. This provides an incremental revenue stream from customers who purchase Fellow coffee equipment and are open to recommendations for new coffee to try.
YouTubers, influencers, bloggers, and individuals who recommend coffee, create content about coffee, and want to monetize their audience by selling coffee can benefit from partnering with coffee suppliers. For example, Morgan Drinks Coffee, an online creator and barista, collaborates with coffee brands and does coffee roasting sessions.
Tea brands that supply tea to business partners or sell directly to consumers can attract a diverse group of buyers by collaborating with coffee brands. Since tea is the second most favorite drink among Gen Zs in the US, it’s a great opportunity for companies to offer both beverages to increase revenue and basket size.
The best coffee dropshipping suppliers
Canal helps you partner with the best coffee suppliers that source fresh beans and have strong business values. Below are just a few suppliers you can partner with.
Sightglass is an independent, sibling-owned coffee company based in San Francisco. They were recently featured in the Financial times as one the best independent coffee shops in the world. They buy fresh coffee beans from harvested lots and aim to deliver high-quality coffee by following mindful and attention-focused best practices.
Dropship these coffee beans from Sightglass through Canal:
- Owl’s howl provides a balanced and refined espresso experience. Freshly sourced ingredients are used throughout the year. It’s a mix of stone fruit, candied orange peel, and cacao nib.
- Hunky dory is a blend of the coffee that is adjusted depending upon the seasons. It’s a balanced and versatile blend, giving a rich toffee sweetness with hints of red grape and undertones of jasmine and bergamot.
- Blueboon has a simple blend with different flavors of milk chocolate, stone fruits, and citrus. Since the components of the coffee change with the season, it’s always fresh with a perfect balance of sweetness, acidity, and body.
Bird Rock Coffee Roasters (BRCR) was the winner of the 2019 National Good Food Award for the coffee division. They directly source coffee beans from farmers who are paid well above market rates which helps them provide high-quality coffee to buyers. This means BRCR has full control over the quality and the kind of coffee sell.
Dropship these coffee beans from BRCR through Canal:
- Sudan rume is a candied ginger, cardamom, and sage flavor sourced from a farm called las margaritas.
- Cerro los tamales is a mix of milk chocolate, rainier cherry, and nougat flavor sourced from a farm called Finca los planes.
- Volcan Azul is a mix of milk chocolate, cherry cola, and marshmallow flavor sourced from a farm called Volcan Azul.
Lem Butler, co-owner of Black and White Coffee Roasters, spoke at the The CEO Forum 2022 in New York about building a values-based business. Together, with Kyle Ramage, he founded Black and White Coffee Roasters in 2017. Their idea was to create a community along the way, build great relationships, and make exceptional coffee.
Dropship these coffee beans from Black and White through Canal:
- The classic is an everyday coffee that is perfectly balanced with caramel, chocolate undertones, and subtle stone fruit.
- The traditional is an ethnically sourced, dark-roasted coffee with notes of cherry, dark chocolate, and marzipan.
Couplet Coffee was founded by Gefen Skolnik, a first-generation immigrant and queer woman who has been obsessed with coffee since the age of 13. The coffee business has a diverse team of artists, poets, community builders, and baristas. They get rid of pretentious tasting notes and gatekeeping and make their coffee approachable to everyone in a fun way.
Dropship these coffee beans from Couplet through Canal:
- The espresso for everyone blend is for espresso fans—and Couplet’s CEO’s personal favorite. It’s a mix of Brazilian, Nicaraguan, and Peruvian beans.
- The blissful blend is a blend of Nicaraguan and Peruvian beans. The Nicaraguan beans are sourced from their family-run farm, Fincas Mierisch, while they source Peruvian beans from San Ignacio.
Based in Santa Cruz, Cat and Cloud was founded by Chris Baca and Jared Turby, and was recently featured on Food & Wine Magazine in their best coffee roaster list. Cat and Cloud thrives in building connections by creating memorable experiences. They’re a mission- and value-based company and partner with wholesale partners worldwide who share the same values as them.
Dropship these coffee beans from Cat and Cloud through Canal:
- The answer is made from three separate origins. Chocolate, caramel notes, and pronounced fruits are perfectly blended. It has flavor notes of berries, caramel, and chocolate.
- Brazil Fazenda Rainha Pulp Natural is sourced from Brazil’s ancient volcanic valley that spans the borderlands of Mogiana and Minas Gerais. It has flavors of peanut butter and jelly.
- Night shift is an advanced version of even the strongest coffee. It has flavor notes of dark chocolate and a fully developed sweetness.
Partner with coffee suppliers on Canal
To provide your customers with fresh and unique coffee flavors, you can use Canal to build ecommerce partnerships with coffee suppliers mentioned in this article. Partnering with these premium coffee brands can also awaken various co-marketing opportunities that turn “dropshipping partners'' into brand partners. Canal helps you discover, nurture, and monetize these unique partnerships.
Partnering with coffee suppliers on Canal is easy:
1. Contact us about joining our curated network by filling out the form below
2. Send ecommerce partnership proposals to coffee suppliers
3. Add coffee to your storefront with a simple ecommerce integration
4. Automatically pass-through orders to coffee suppliers and collect commissions
5. Discover new coffee suppliers and repeat step two!
Request a demo
Interested in using Canal? We'd love to hear from you.